Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happymess


Can someone tell me why we, as exceptional people, place ourselves in situations of which we know will never permanently benefit us? Why do we lead our hearts, self esteem, self respect, trust, loyalty, and sense of ethics and moral values to the gallows? I'm talking about 'us'. The 'other' kind of people. The ones placed here in the world to witness the rest of society being what they are. Average, mundane, pallid statistics of social culture. We're the unheard voices, the rebound boys, the backup plan girls, the ones that weren't considered good enough.

In my opinion, we're too loving. Too caring. Especially for people who could care less about our existence or not, despite their claims to consideration. I'm the guy that gets the "I'm bored lets hang out" texts, the "I want to see your face" phone calls. I've never been able to grasp why I've neglected the ones worth my time, worth my love, and instead paying attention the someone I felt needed me more. Perhaps I needed to make someone feel complete to feel complete, as easy as it would have been to find companionship otherwise. I have learned - stay away from insecure people. You're not a superhero, you're not a saint, you're not a savior. Find someone as capable of functioning as you are.

Instead, we continue to work towards walking in circles until we've dug a hole of hopelessly romantic, unwanted, unloved, unneeded best friends of the ones we love the most. We are their unrequited love, to bask in all of their undeserving, self-absorbed glory. It is a fact, I need to learn to love me. I'm being honest with myself these days. And I truly do - to an extent, and I'm sure until that extent is covered I won't be happy. I do believe we need to be content in our own skin before we can try and complete someone else. Has trying to love anyone ever made you love yourself? Don't take this the wrong way. I love to love and to be loved, but it gets to a point where we need to do things for ourselves.

We don't need 'us' time. We need 'me' time. Or, you can continue through this pathetic excuse for life searching for the person to make you feel like you're needed, when all you need is yourself. Your close friends. A family. A good read. A few great movies.

Take your own advice when it's not what you want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment