Monday, October 18, 2010

Broken Bells

Ascending as far away from these power lines as I can, attempting to figure out where I've been and who I am, I'm trying to separate this place from my home. Distance myself from this state of mind that I call 'alone'. I am climbing, and I'm tired. Your claim for restoration will never be, you're blind as you dig your future graves. Chained down for this long, meager shackles in a complex prison. At the start, we're pinching pennies to buy ourselves into purgatory. Your selfish agenda precedes our endeavor of love, reformed to disguise yourselves as saviors and gods. No saints, just sinners. No one is safe. This paper is only paper, and will always be paper. Mere trees, cut down to size. Set flame to gold and watch it burn black. Pinching pennies, come holy hell or high water, they're on their way. Now the pollutants are rising with high tide, we will cry over spilled oil and then go home to hide. The path you walk, of which I stray, will never end - it will bend and will break. Liberated by the victims of our reversed justice. This broken bell you worship, it will sink. And the paper lord you've protected in glass, The ink will wash away, and with it our past. Ash is so hard to inhale, and harder to live with. Debris brings a mountain of regret, we all must ascend. This is our fault, hanging each other by our own ties, paying the church to hide the lies. Cover up the rape, cover up the assault on the spirit of youth. Make excuses. I'll never believe a single word. This is my sermon to a dead religion. God will prevail, as we inhale debris. Find yourselves in him, my brothers. Ignore the organized and collected. Hold your faith above an army of the dishonest and depraved. Steeples will burn, until we learn. Open your eyes, knock down the walls you've built around the light. Carve out the parts of your heart that have prevented you from finding truth. You are much too blind to see the blackness of your own heart, the double-sided faces of your pathetic lives. Heartless lives. Loveless lives. Without integrity, we trudge through lifeless lives. Eat your hearts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment