Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You were really dreaming about...noodles?

We all seek that which we don't believe in.
Wherever you were, I wanted to drop my priorities and change directions for you.
Just to wake up smiling.
What little success I've tasted, the victory I've sampled,
I would have thrown it away, spat in my ambition's face,
For the change to turn over and see you sleeping there.
Dropped dreams and plans just to see us both committing.
Sweet smiles. Staring. Reassurance.
Your consideration kept me in balance,
The warmth I felt kept me grounded.
But happy was the last thing I felt, so I know this wasn't right.
Years I wasted keeping my mouth shut,
Instead of giving you a reason to open yours.

I believe in God because I know what it feels like,
To love someone who has no faith in you.
The only difference is, you don't need me.

I'd love to be able to miss every single thing about you, but I can't.
So if the years should pave a wall between our hearts,
And our hearts grow old and we drift apart -
Know that I'll promise to miss our youth,
And always long for the chance to restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment