Monday, July 19, 2010

Imagination.



Imagine you don't let life get in the way.

You called me today and you made a year of hardship and struggle go away in an instant. The slightest thought of your love creeping back into me. A heavy heart weightless by a phone call.

Do you call me because you feel sorry for me? Do you call because you think about me and regret overcomes you? Do you call because you were just having a good day and needed to remind me of what I don't have to top it off? Imagine you call because you actually cherish friendship - imagine you return calls and text messages.

You made me realize that I haven't longed for something in so long, I forgot how to be depressed. Maybe you're cherishing what we have left. Imagine that is actually the case. Imagine you grasp I like you more than the idea of a pretty face.

I'm pretty content with my life. But the part of me that still wants to be back in that lonely beach town, waiting for you to come home so I can wake up next to you...I want to make that person disappear. Erased, and sanded down.

Imagine you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment