Thursday, August 12, 2010

Remorseless.

I will defend and uphold, support this mountain until what I've become caves in.
But if they should spit in my face and walk their own way, I will warn them no longer.
I will not cry if they burn.
What will I gain by giving up what little respect I have left?
Oh, you, of little faith.
You criticize that which you cannot taste.
I will decide which one of you will strive and which will fall,
Consider me the karma that you lean on.
This earth is not my place - but I will remain until my time.
I will remain, until my welcome home.
Refine them, refine them until they have no choice but to choose.
No denial to hold on to.
Strike down the deceivers, bring the storm that will close the curtain.
Make them aware, make them aware of who they have become and who they can be.
Dry up everything, take back the winds that we take for granted every day.
I've never felt such a struggle - keeping love while I preach this;
Sympathy is no excuse for action.
And I'm waiting for a nation to sing along.
The world will come next, should you see fit to bring me there.
And I pray, I need closure.
For I am, and that is all I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment